This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Lazy Ass Cake also known as Wacky Cake or Crazy Cake, is about the easiest cake you could ever make. No eggs, no milk, no bowl!
Let me tell you that if you’re looking for an easy chocolate cake recipe, that didn’t come out of a box, this is it! I would probably say this is even easier to make than the chocolate cake that comes out of a box because you don’t need to dirty out your mixer. The beauty of this cake is that no mixer is required, hence the funny name, the lazy ass cake. Surprisingly, the cake does come out moist and delicious, just like a rich dark chocolate cake. Not that I expected anything less.
Check out these other super easy cakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Spray a 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dump all the ingredients in the pan and whisk everything together until well incorporated.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. To test if it’s done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Serve this cake the same day you make it if you use gluten free flour substitutes. This will help avoid it being too crumbly.
- You can add chopped nuts, coconut, dried fruits, chocolate chunks, or any fillings you like.
- Replace the oil with applesauce if you’d like to decrease the calories.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Recipe adapted from the foodnetwork.