Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 07:22 pm
This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly!
Here I am with another casserole dish for you and this one is a classic that probably most of us remember from our childhood. This tuna noodle casserole is so good and so easy. It’s perfect after a long day at work, especially when the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking.
This casserole is as simple as it gets. Cook the noodles, then toss all the ingredients together and bake.
I have to ask you though about cheese. Do you add cheese to your tuna noodle casserole? I, for one, prefer it without cheese, there’s just something about tuna and cheese that doesn’t sit well with me, but then there’s tuna melts, which I love, so go figure.
I leave that up to you, if you do prefer cheese, by all means add a cup or two of shredded cheese to this dish and I’m sure it will still be just as delicious. And for those of you who do not want to use canned soups, check out the recipe notes on how to make it from scratch.
I love some potato chips sprinkled over the casserole for a little extra crunchiness, it’s so delish! End of story. Go and make it for supper, it’s easy.
CRAVING MORE TUNA RECIPES? TRY THESE:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add the remaining ingredients (excluding the potato chips) and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as needed. I only added pepper, but feel free to season with salt as you prefer.
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and add the noodle mixture to the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the potato chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Cream of celery soup recipe:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, add celery, onion and cook over medium low heat until soft. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add chicken broth and cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Use this to add to your tuna noodle casserole.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.