Easy Buffalo Chicken Wraps – a creamy blue cheese sauce plus hot and spicy chicken equals extremely delicious buffalo chicken wraps.
Lately I’ve been living on wraps for lunch and dinner. I’ve been extremely busy and wraps are about the only thing that I’ve been making. But even so, I still like bold flavors, even in my wraps.
I have to admit that I love my buffalo sauce and I’ll use it every chance I get. However, I didn’t have buffalo sauce here so I used hot sauce, worked just as fine. I made 4 of these wraps and they did not last long. I only got a chance to eat one and my dear husband snitched the other 3. Oh well, the sacrifices us girls make.
I wanted these wraps healthy of course, so I loaded them with iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. Now the abundance of flavor in these wraps comes from that yummy blue cheese sauce which I could just eat on its own. No really, it’s that good. It’s got yogurt and mayo and blue cheese. What’s not to love?
Ah, the chicken, well the chicken is chicken breast from a roasted chicken, which I buy from my local grocery store. But then I bathed it in lots of hot sauce, but feel free to use as much or as little as your mouth can handle. Then simply load up these wraps with lettuce and cherry tomatoes, wrap them up and enjoy.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 4 6 inch small whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 chicken breasts from a roast chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 or 2 tbsp Frank's Red hot sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, mayonnaise and blue cheese together.
- In another bowl pour the hot sauce over the chicken and toss making sure each chicken piece is coated in the hot sauce.
- To assemble the wraps, wrap 1/4 of the blue cheese sauce over each tortilla, add 1/4 of the chicken, top with lettuce and tomatoes. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Tightly wrap the tortillas. Repeat with remaining ingredients.