Last updated on January 4th, 2018 at 08:58 pm
Healthier Beef Chili – enjoy this healthier and hearty chili that is super easy to make.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I’m so very thankful to all my loyal readers. It’s because of you that I keep this blog going. I love to read all your comments and I thank you all for all your support.
Since it’s not Thanksgiving in Canada, no turkey roast here, but I do have a hearty chili recipe to share with you that is just to die for! For the longest time I used to be afraid of making chili, but it’s really one of the easiest recipes you can make. You basically throw everything in the pot and then simmer if for about 45 minutes. This would actually be an ideal recipe to make in a slow cooker.
I made this chili a bit healthier by using very little olive oil and lean ground beef. Of course you could always swap the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken for an even healthier chili.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Healthier Beef Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp oregano dry
- 2 tsp steak sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 32 oz kidney beans (2 cans), rinsed and drained
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a dutch oven heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook the onion for a couple minutes until soft and translucent then add the ground beef and cook until beef is browned and no longer pink, on medium high heat.
- Add chipotle peppers, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, steak sauce, salt, pepper and stir. Add beans, crushed tomatoes and water. Stir well and bring to a boil
- Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with shredded cheddar and sour cream.