Last updated on March 31st, 2017 at 11:17 am
The Ultimate Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is truly the best roasted broccoli you will ever have. It’s nutty, it’s cheesy, it’s so yummy, yet it’s a vegetable!
It was a tough decision today on what to post because both recipes I have to share with your are so yummy that it makes it super hard to choose. For some reason, not really sure how or why, I decided to go with the healthier version of the two, and share the cake recipe with you next time. Don’t be disappointed because this roasted broccoli truly is the ultimate and the best Parmesan roasted broccoli you will ever have in your life. I know that’s saying a lot but you just have to trust me here when I say this broccoli is full of goodness.
My poor husband hates vegetables, probably like a lot of people out there. There was a time when he was vegetarian for a year and got through it by eating as few vegetables as possible. Go figure. He probably lived on bagels and cream cheese. Luckily he has me as a wife so I cooked for him vegetarian meals, because otherwise he might have been in trouble. But I probably told you this already and I am digressing here. My point is that even this picky man loved this broccoli. He said it doesn’t even taste like vegetables.
So let’s talk about this broccoli. I know I joke about my husband and how he hates vegetables but to be honest with you I’m no broccoli fan either. I just try and eat it because I know it’s good for you. This is why I try to find recipes that enhance the flavor and makes it more enjoyable to eat. And that’s just what happens here, my friends.
We’ve got garlic, we all know I love my garlic, we’ve got roasted pecans, olive oil, lemon juice, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. You know the only thing missing is some bacon! But we’re trying to keep it somewhat healthy here, so skip the bacon, but you know what? You don’t need bacon. Wow, never thought I’d say that, but it’s true, there is so much flavor here, the broccoli is so nutty, and lemony and cheesy and it’s just yummy. Just yummy!
Roasted pecans, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice when mixed together over roasted broccoli is truly a marriage made in heaven.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
The Ultimate Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is truly the best roasted broccoli you will ever have. It's nutty, it's cheesy, it's so yummy, yet it's a vegetable!
- 2 big heads of broccoli or 3 smaller ones
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup pecans roasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks and cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. I cut mine in really small florets because I wanted bite size florets. Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with lemon juice, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.