Chocolate Sugar Cookies – perfect little rich and chocolaty cookies. All you need is a good cup of coffee or tea!
I bought this adorable cookie cutter last time I went to Canmore, there were so many cute little kitchen shops, I was in heaven. It was hard to keep me from buying everything. I had to focus and only buy the things that stood out to me, something out of the ordinary. And this little cookie cutter stood out to me so I had to buy it.
I wanted to make the perfect cookies with it. I thought perhaps a shortbread cookie would be great, but then I remembered these chocolate cookies and I realized these chocolate cookies are the perfect recipe for my new cookie cutter.
This is such an easy cookie recipe, the only thing is you need to have some patience to roll out the cookie dough and cut out the cookies. But if you’re good for patience, then these cookies are so worth it. They have the perfect texture, they do not crumble as you bite into them, they are chocolaty but simple, and they are perfect with a good cup of coffee.
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa
- In a bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth, I mixed mine about 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture slowly about ⅓ at a time and mix. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- I found it easier to cut the dough in 4 pieces and roll out each piece at a time so that it's about ¼ of an inch in thickness, cut cookies with your favorite cookie cutter. Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 9 to 11 minutes, just until the edges are firm and the center still slightly soft. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer to a rack and cool.