You know what’s great? Weather here in Calgary is still awesome. I am loving this, it’s like an extended summer, but not too hot, just perfect. I just hope it stays this way for a little while longer.
Anyway, on to today’s recipe.
Well I love chocolate and I love banana bread, so anytime you pair these two together, it’s a winner for me. This banana bread makes for a perfect breakfast idea especially when you’re in a rush. As a matter of fact this is what I did this morning, took a slice of this wonderful marbled chocolate banana bread and had it at work for breakfast, with a cup of good coffee, mmm, just delicious.
This marbled banana bread is amazing, it’s so good and not super sweet, it’s my favorite recipe for banana bread. Very easy to make as well.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas or about 1½ cup mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease a bread pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix together; Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well incorporated. Add banana, eggs, and sour cream; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted. A minute was enough for me, stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add 1 cup of the batter to chocolate and stir so that it’s well combined.
- Spoon the white batter first in the greased pan, then the chocolate batter, and swirl batters together with a knife. Or you can do as I did, first spoon a layer of white batter, then a layer of chocolate batter, then white batter, then chocolate and if there’s any white batter add it on top. I didn’t stir it or anything.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.