This fruit pizza with cream cheese frosting is so easy to make, gorgeous and super yummy. Fresh berries, kiwi, peaches on a giant frosted cookie. YUM!
OMG you guys! I am super excited to share this delicious fruit recipe with you guys. I could barely wait till today to post this because I am so in love with this fruit pizza. And that cream cheese frosting, I licked the entire bowl, it’s so good.
But first let me tell you about our weekend weather. We’ve had a gorgeous week, sunny and warm, but of course I work during the week so I couldn’t really enjoy the beautiful weather. Then I woke up Saturday morning to this:
Do you feel my pain? It snowed pretty much all day yesterday and this morning. I mean seriously, it’s MAY! This is the 8th month in a row we’ve had snow. But I wasn’t going to let this weather get me down. I really wanted to feel like summer is coming. At least inside my house.
So this is how I decided to make this fruit pizza. To me this looks like summer. It tastes like summer. Fresh berries, peaches, kiwi on a gigantic cookie, frosted with an amazing cream cheese frosting. This is love, my friends.
The recipe below for the frosting makes about 2 to 3 cups of cream cheese frosting. I did not use the entire thing on my cookie, but you could use the leftovers to use as a fruit dip, or even better, make some cinnamon rolls, or strawberry rolls if you have strawberries left and use the remaining frosting to slather all over the rolls. You’ll be in heaven.
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 pkg (8oz or 226 g) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- strawberries, sliced
- kiwi, sliced
- peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the sugar and butter and beat for a couple minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until the egg is fully incorporated. Add the flour and mix for an additional 2 minutes. Take the cookie dough and form it into a ball. Place it over the prepared baking sheet. Roll the ball into a round large cookie or any shape you prefer. You might need to add some more flour over your roll or over the cookie so that it doesn't stick.The cookie should be at least ¼ of an inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookie for about 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool completely.
- In the meantime make the frosting by beating all the frosting ingredients in a mixer. Add more powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- Once the cookie is completely cooled slather with the cream cheese frosting. I used about ⅔ of the frosting. Refrigerate the rest.
- Top with fruits and berries.
- You can slice the fruit pizza with a pizza cutter or a large knife.