This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Red White and Blue Brownie Pizza – the perfect dessert for your 4th of July celebration. A delicious brownie crust topped with a cream cheese frosting and loaded with berries!
Red White And Blue Brownie Pizza
Yes, I know I’m Canadian, but I worked in the states for 10 years, so celebrating the 4th of July is a habit that has stuck! This year I’ve really been missing the giant firework displays in my old city so I thought I’d bring some of that same pizzazz to this oh so patriotic dessert. I wanted to make a brownie pizza that’s a tribute to those bursts of color on that night time sky, piled high on a ‘pizza’. Pretty American, eh?
What Is A Brownie Pizza?
A brownie pizza is a fruit pizza with a brownie crust, super simple right? The last fruit pizza I made was really successful at my house, there’s just something about cream cheese icing and fresh fruit. I have to say though that the brownie crust is my all time favorite; it’s chewy, it’s chocolaty, it’s just oh so yummy.
Ingredients In Red White And Blue Brownie Pizza
- Brownie mix – If you want to make your own brownie mix then by all means please do, but I love my shortcuts and store bought turns out just fine for me. If gluten free brownie mix is available that will work as well.
- Liquids – Just water and a light, flavorless oil (I like canola) are all that are needed.
- Egg – Just one is needed to bind our batter if using boxed mix.
Cream cheese icing
- Cream cheese – I use full fat in this recipe but reduced fat cream cheese can be substituted to cut calories.
- Sugar – Granulated table sugar is best for this icing.
- Vanilla extract – This icing recipe can fall a bit flat without vanilla, I used just plain Jane extract.
- Fruit – We want blueberries and strawberries, arranged in your best imitation of the flag. Usually I recommend substitutions for fruit but we want that classic red white and blue! Raspberries are in season throughout the US in July so feel free to sprinkle those on as well.
How To Make Red White And Blue Brownie Pizza
- Prepare your oven: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a large cooking pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the batter: Add brownie ingredients to a mixer and mix until the batter is smooth. Spread the brownie mix over the pan and cook for 20 minutes. Take out and allow to cool immediately.
- Prepare the icing: In your (clean) mixer add the icing ingredients and mix till smooth.
- Assemble the pizza: Spread the icing over the cooled brownie crust using a rubber spatula. Arrange berries over top and serve immediately.
Storing The Brownie Pizza
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days if wrapped in plastic or sealed in an airtight container. The cream cheese icing will also last this long in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Want More 4th Of July Recipes? Try these:
- Fruit Pizza with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blue Cheese and Crispy Fried Onion Burgers
- Mini Corn Dogs
- Macaroni Salad
- Cowboy Pasta Salad
- Easy Coleslaw
- Classic Apple Pie
- Potato Salad
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a pizza pan or a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In your mixer add all the brownie ingredients and and mix just until everything is well blended. Spread the brownie mix over the parchment paper to form a circle that’s about 14 inches in diameter. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In your mixer add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract and mix well until smooth.
- Using a spatula spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie crust.
- Arrange berries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days if wrapped in plastic or sealed in an airtight container. The cream cheese icing will also last this long in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.