Breakfast Pizza – eggs and bacon on a pizza, what could be better.
My latest favorite weekend breakfast is a breakfast pizza.
I was a bit skeptical at first, you know, eggs on a pizza, that’s got to be strange, right? Not so, it is actually quite nice. Also it’s very quick to make, especially if you have the pizza dough already made.
I’ve been making my own pizza dough now for about a couple years and I’ve never looked back since. It’s easy to make and a pizza dough will actually make 3 medium size pizzas. Also the dough freezes well. I usually make the pizza dough, cut it in 3 pieces, leave one piece out for the pizza I’m making at the moment and put the other two pieces in individual ziploc bags and freeze. Usually I take it out of the freezer about 4 to 6 hours ahead of time and it thaws out nicely.
This breakfast pizza is a winner. It’s very simple to make and also very versatile, you can really use any ingredients you want, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, sausage, and the list goes on and on. This pizza that I made was fairly basic, the ingredients are basic breakfast ingredients, eggs and bacon. 🙂
You need to have bacon. I used some mozzarella cheese and a little bit of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese. I also chopped up a small tomato because I thought it would look great with the chives and parsley. Remember we eat first with our eyes, so it has to look good. 🙂
After you roll out the dough, arrange the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza and do the same with the Parmesan cheese. Add the bacon and tomatoes and crack 4 eggs over the pizza.
I have no idea why a couple of my eggs cracked but it didn’t matter. Do not add the parsley and chives until after the pizza is baked. The pizza needs to be baked in a preheated oven at 500 F degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
It is a beauty. Gorgeous, impressive, delicious and you can’t go wrong with bacon and cheese. 🙂
- ⅓ pizza dough (recipe here)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tomato, chopped in small pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- chives and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- Spray the pizza baking dish with cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place it on the pizza baking dish.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough. Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes to the pizza, making sure they're spread evenly over the pizza.
- Crack 4 eggs on the pizza and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and parsley.