Last updated on May 28th, 2018 at 12:38 pm
This beautiful Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring will be everyone’s weekend breakfast of choice, it’s loaded with bacon, eggs and cheese. Perfect for brunch as well.
I don’t know about you but I love weekend breakfasts. I love weekends, but that’s the subject of another discussion. But I try to make a nice and special breakfast every Sunday morning that both hubs and I enjoy.
So when I looked in the fridge and saw this lonely can of Pillsbury crescent rolls, I knew I had to use it to make something delicious with it. This gorgeous breakfast ring came to mind and of course I always have bacon on hand, so I decided to make it with bacon. Did I tell you bacon is one of my favourite foods? I’m sure I did at some point in time.
I love Pillsbury crescents, they’re so versatile and I make all kinds of things with them. Of course you could also make your own dough for this breakfast, but why slave in the kitchen when you don’t have to. So this is such a quick breakfast and so delicious, you could literally use any ingredients. Perfect Sunday breakfast.
This breakfast ring is also perfect for brunch such as Easter brunch because it really is simple to make, hardest thing you have to do is fry some bacon and scramble the eggs.
What’s your idea for a perfect weekend breakfast?
Care for a slice?
Craving more delicious breakfasts? Try these:
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Rolls
- Eggs in Cheesy Purgatory
- Bacon Omelette Goat Cheese Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwiches
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 slices bacon fried
- 8 oz crescent rolls refrigerated, I used 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury crescents
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg for egg wash, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the chopped peppers, salt and pepper. Cook the eggs in a skillet so that they're scrambled. You can use the same skillet you used to fry the bacon, just drain the fat first.
- Lay out the crescent rolls on a parchment pepper, like a star as shown in the pictures above.
- On each crescent roll lay a piece of bacon. Add half of the cheese around the ring. Add the scrambled eggs around the ring and top with remainder of the cheese.
- Fold the crescents over. You may brush with the egg wash if you prefer, I did because it gives the ring a nice golden colour.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crescents are cooked and golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley, if preferred. Serve warm.
Originally shared May 2014