Last updated on May 17th, 2018 at 10:18 am
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Rolls – easy and quick to make grab-and-go-breakfast. Turkey breakfast sausages wrapped in crescent rolls with scrambled eggs and cheese.
In case you thought I lost it when I posted my vegan breakfast burritos, I’m here to prove you wrong. Though I still stand by those vegan burritos because they are totally delish, here I am with a super easy recipe, if you even want to call it a recipe, for breakfast rolls with plain old sausage and scrambled eggs. Though I couldn’t bring myself to use the original breakfast sausage links which pack 250 calories a little sausage, I did go healthier on you by using turkey breakfast sausages which only pack 100 calories a link. What can I say, I’m still on a health kick here, must be a summer thing.
Nothing is simpler, my friends. Fry some sausages, scramble some eggs and wrap them up in crescent rolls, which I must say, makes for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. Oh yeah, did I mention they’re so, so good? Can’t go wrong with sausage, eggs and cheese.
You can use the crescent triangles directly to make these but I wanted to be different, so I cut my crescent dough into rectangles and filled them up then rolled them, which I thought were cuter, but that’s just me. Whatever is easier for you, go with that. You then proceed to bake these for about 15 minutes before you can finally sink your teeth into one of these. The result, my friends, is fantastic, a delicious little sausage and egg roll. Perfect way to start the day, if you ask me.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Rolls
- 1 tsp butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 Pillsbury crescent rolls 1 can
- 2 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 turkey breakfast sausages fully cooked
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Beat the 5 eggs in a bowl. Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in the beaten eggs. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan using a spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs, until thickened and there is no more visible liquid. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the flour onto your work surface then unroll the crescent dough over the flour. Roll it out a bit, if necessary with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 rectangles, by first pinching the seams if necessary.
- Top each rectangle with a couple spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, some of the cheddar cheese, and a sausage link. Roll up the rectangle and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash, then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.