Did I tell you guys we’ve already had snow here? We sure did, outside it’s a winter wonderland and it will stay like this for a very long time, I mean over 6 months. But c’est la vie in Calgary, so no complaining here. Well I can complain, just not going to do anything about it. I still can’t believe it’s only a few weeks to Christmas and I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping, I don’t even want to think about it.
So let me tell you about these adorable cute little egg muffins. This is such a simple recipe and it’s perfect for breakfast on the go. You just make a batch on the weekend and have breakfast for the entire week. They’re delicious, they’re perfect if you’re doing the Atkins diet or South Beach diet. The ingredients I used here are bell peppers, green onions, salami, Mexican cheese blend and of course eggs. However this recipe is so versatile, you can literally use anything you have in your fridge, mushrooms, broccoli, any kind of deli meat, chicken or beef.
I’ve been looking into doing some low carb recipes, so this is a good start for that. Not only are these muffins low carb but they are gluten free.
You can use a regular muffin tray to make these, but I used these cute little individual silicone baking cups, just spray them with some cooking spray and nothing will stick to them and the muffins fall easily out.
- 1 cup diced salami
- 1 bell pepper, chopped in small pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ⅔ cup Mexican blend cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten well
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Add the diced salami, chopped bell pepper, cheese, and green onions to a bowl and toss. Add beaten eggs and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the individual baking cups, dividing equally.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. As the egg muffins bake they will rise nicely.