If you love lasagna but think it’s too much work, especially for a weeknight dinner, I have the solution for you.
Tastes exactly the same, but in a lot less time. The ingredients are simple ingredients, you probably have in your fridge and pantry right now and in just 30 minutes you could be enjoying this wonderful lasagna that is to die for.
Now I feel I haven’t bothered you with a picture of my precious puppy, Mia in a long time so here she is. Gorgeous as ever. Look at those eyes, she was daydreaming of that lasagna with that meaty sauce and how great it would be to have it in her belly.
All kidding aside here’s a serving of this delicious lasagna. It’s full of flavor, it’s meaty, it’s hearty and my favorite part, cheesy.
- 1 lb ground beef (I used ground pork)
- 1 lb pasta (I used shells)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- In a large oven safe skillet add the ground meat, garlic, salt, pepper and dry herbs. Stir to combine and cook until meat starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed tomatoes, and water and pasta to skillet. Make sure there’s enough water so that the pasta is fully submerged. Cook until pasta is al dente about 8 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Dollop the ricotta cheese over the top then top with mozzarella cheese. Place skillet in the oven and bake for about 5 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and it’s slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.