That’s one delicious salad there! Greek salad is by far my favorite salad ever. This salad was extra special though. This salad was made with love by my dear husband.
The only pleasure I take from being sick is having my husband cater to me. But it’s true, I love it, my husband makes me teas, and lunch and dinner and it just feels wonderful. But all kidding aside this is one great salad. This is our recipe for Greek salad that we make over and over again. The only thing we change with it is the type of olives we use. Normally we use Kalamata olives but this time we used these huge green olives.
The salad itself if pretty easy to make. The ingredients are simple and fresh but when you put them all together, magic happens.
Happy Halloween everyone!
- 6 cocktail tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives or green olives, cut in half
- ½ – 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I like more feta)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper together. No salt is necessary as the feta cheese and olives are already pretty salty.
- In a large bowl add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and feta and toss. Pour dressing over the salad and toss well.