Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:38 am
Twisted Parmesan Breadsticks – homemade Parmesan breadsticks in under an hour.
Do you guys love Pinterest as much as I do? I think I’m addicted to it. I love pinning and I love to see what other have pinned and then repin, repin and repin. I can spend hours just looking at pins and pinning. Sometimes I have to tell my husband to get me off the computer, because I can’t stop!
But I digress.
Today’s recipe is one of my favorite. Of course it’s a favorite of mine. I love to bake. So pretty much everything I bake, becomes a favorite. However these breadsticks kind of remind me of the Olive Garden breadsticks. I used to love to go there for lunch and have soup and breadsticks, or salad and breadsticks. Of course those were not twisted but I think they look prettier twisted.
The best part about these breadsticks is how easy they are to make. There is literally 5 ingredients to making the dough. You don’t even have to let the dough rise for hours, I just let it rise for about 15 minutes, so I think I had these breadsticks done in about an hour. That is my kind of baking.
I found this recipe on pinterest, and they were made with garlic butter. But I am a Parmesan cheese lover so I decided to make mine with Parmesan and boy are they good. I can think of so many other variations like pesto, tapenade, pizza style. Oh I have a feeling these will become a staple at my house.
Twisted Parmesan Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
To brush on top
- 1/2 stick 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl mix the water, yeast and sugar together and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the flour and salt and mix. Pour the yeast water to the bowl and using the dough hook mix for a couple minutes until smooth. Let the dough rise for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a large square. Brush the top with melted butter then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Fold the dough in half and cut into 15 to 20 strips.
- Twist each strip and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Let the twists sit for another 15 minutes to rise a bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Bake the breadsticks for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. When they come out of the oven, brush the top with remaining butter, if preferred.