Last updated on February 6th, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies – delicious rich chocolate chip cookies loaded with hazelnuts and toffee bits. Totally irresistible and perfectly chewy cookies.
I was just in the mood for cookies! And while I know that there are a gazillion chocolate chip cookie recipes out there in the world wide web, and you probably don’t need another one, I just couldn’t help myself. These cookies are just too good not to share the recipe with you. And sometimes, sometimes you just need to try something different because chances are you probably haven’t made this cookie recipe before.
What makes these cookies different and special? Hazelnuts, and toffee bits and loads of chocolate chips. Oh and there are oats in there too! And yeah they taste fantastic. As cookies go, these cookies are right up there, if I do say so myself.
So I started with about a cup of roasted hazelnuts which I chopped a bit in the food processor. You can chop them as fine as you wish, but I like them a bit chunky just so that I feel the hazelnuts when I bite into these cookies. Oh yeah, totally worth it.
And you must use the best chocolate chips, and for me that’s Ghirardelli chocolate chips. Just love them. You’ll need a whole 12 oz bag. Yeah baby!
And a half a bag of toffee bits, I usually use Skor toffee bits. Now look at that cookie dough. Doesn’t it look purrty and good? You could, if you wanted to and were a sucker for punishment as in not wanting to eat these cookies right away, make a log with the cookie dough and freeze it until ready to bake. Then all you’d have to do is cut the cookie dough in slices and bake. In case you’re wondering my spatula says “STAY CALM AND BAKE ON”. Why not?
All you have to do now is scoop away. I use a medium size ice cream scoop, I find it’s the perfect size for the perfect cookie. With this size of ice cream scoop I get about 4 dozen cookies, which is a lot, so you better be ready to share these cookies. Or not.
Bake them for about 12 minutes, or until the edges start to get nice and golden then you’re done.
You can eat them with a nice cup of cold milk or whatever you drink when you eat your cookies. Coffee? Yeah, me too! Breakfast tomorrow: these cookies and coffee.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup hazelnuts toasted
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 4 oz toffee bits I used skor
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and chop them for a few seconds until they're coarse. I like mine to have a few bigger pieces so that I can feel them when biting into the cookie.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats and salt together. Set aside.
- Add the butter and the sugars to the bowl of your mixer and beat on medium for about 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract for another minute or so. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the toffee bits, chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop some of the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Do not flatten the dough.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for a couple minutes then transfer to cooling racks until cooled completely.
Recipe adapted from foodnetwork.com
More delicious recipes from my kitchen
Cinnamon Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies