Last updated on November 5th, 2018 at 11:25 am
These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are probably the easiest, softest, and most delicious cookies you could make. And yes, they only require 3 ingredients, and are gluten free. Soft, chewy, and simply the best peanut butter cookies!
We have finally moved into our new home which we built, after 1 year of planning and waiting. The wait was totally worth it though. Lots of work ahead of us with all the unpacking and putting everything in its place, but I am loving every minute of it.
Of course a great snack to have while doing all that work is always a good chewy peanut butter cookie to get your energy back up and in the mood for more work.
This is such a popular recipe all over the internet, however as usual I always make my own tweaks and this time I reduced the sugar. I’ve mentioned before that my sister is diabetic and pretty much my entire family is watching their sugar intake, so I will always cut down sugar every chance I get.
Trust me when I tell you that you will not miss that sugar, these cookies are still sweet, soft and chewy. Don’t forget that the peanut butter itself usually has sugar in it, depending which brand you go with.
I’ve been making these cookies for years, if not decades. I even made these cookies with bacon before. Yes, they were crazy delicious! But for now let’s stick with the original peanut butter cookies and if you’re brave enough, go ahead and add in some bacon. You won’t regret it!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups peanut butter creamy, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and using the paddle attachment mix everything until combined. (A whisk attachment can also be used). The cookie dough should be soft and easy to scoop.
- You can use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie balls or use your hands to roll out the dough into balls the size of a golf ball. Place them onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart, or 3 per row.
- Using the back of a fork, press down onto each cookie ball, then press again from the opposite direction (90 degrees the other way).
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden. DO NOT over-bake. They will still be soft when you take them out of the oven, but as they cool they will harden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets completely before transferring them.
- This recipe will yield approximately 28 cookies.
- Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Mixer/No Mixer: As you can see in the video, I mixed and whisked everything by hand for these cookies because all my mixers were already packed for our move, but in the instructions I am giving you instructions on how to do this with a mixer.
- Peanut Butter: I used Jif Creamy Peanut Butter for these cookies. You will want a smooth peanut butter and not a crunchy one. I have also used organic peanut butter in the past, and while the texture of the cookie dough was quite a bit crumblier, the cookies turned out the same.
- This is a popular 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie found all over the internet, however in my version I have reduced the sugar by half. The original recipe requires 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. However, I prefer my cookies not quite so sweet, which is why the sugar has been reduced, but feel free to use the full amount of the sugar.