Sweetie Cherry Pie Lollipops – make these for your sweetheart on Valentine’s day, they’re pretty, sweet and delicious and perfect for the occasion.
Well aren’t these the cutest things ever! You know I’m not one that’s big on Valentine’s stuff but that’s not going to stop me from making these cute cherry pie lollipops. And these lollipops are the easiest cherry pies you’ll ever make. Basically all you need are a couple ingredients; cherry pie filling and puff pastry.
So I’m going to tell you a little secret. Cherry pie is my favorite pie. It’s not even the pastry that I love, it’s that silly cherry pie filling. I can eat that stuff by the cans, not that I do, but I could. I just love it, it’s that sweet cherry taste that just drives me nuts, biting into a cherry and having it burst in my mouth, well I’m in love. That’s why I loved these cherry pie lollipops, though if it was up to me I would have added way more cherry filling but then it spills on the sides and they don’t look pretty anymore. But yeah, me and cherry pie forever. Same with my brother in law, whenever I ask what I should bring over, it’s always some kind of pie he wants.
But enough about that. Let me tell you how easy these cutie pies are. I used Tenderflake puff pastry, basically it’s 2 little blocks in a package and I have to roll them out. However, you can buy the puff pastry that comes into sheets and you don’t really have to roll them much. You will need one of those cute heart shape cookie cutters though. I’ve had those lollipop sticks forever now for making cake pops and just never got around to it. Perfect use for them here.
I found that one cherry or a tsp of the cherry filling is all you need here, otherwise it’s all going to spill on the sides, so less is more here. I do brush them with some egg because I like them nice and golden and shiny. Then I sprinkle them with just a little bit of Turbinado sugar for a little extra sweetness.
Well I can’t tell you how yummy they were, each one a perfect bite, or a couple bites. Perfect way to surprise your sweetie on Valentine’s day, don’t you think? Doesn’t require much work, yet still pretty and just perfect for the occasion.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Sweetie Cherry Pie Lollipops
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust your working area with a bit of flour. Roll out a pastry sheet so that it's about 12 inches by 12 inches. Using a 2 inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut pastry into hearts, I did about 5 per row and 4 rows per sheet. Pull up the remaining pastry and set aside.
- Place a cherry or a tsp of the cherry filling into 10 of the hearts. You don't want to use too much cherry filling because it will be hard to top with pastry. Place a lollipop stick in each heart pastry. Top with 10 remaining heart pastries and press the edges with a fork to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle some turbinado sugar on each lollipop. Cut a small slit into each lollipop with a small knife.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet. Take the remaining dough and knead it a couple times then roll it out into a square just like with the other sheets. Repeat step 2.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
What you’ll need: