This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Cherry Cake – a simple and delicious cherry cake that requires only 3 ingredients and is topped with the best chocolate frosting ever!
I hope you all had a great weekend so let’s start the week right by celebrating with cake. Today I want to share with you a super easy cake with only 3 ingredients and of course the best chocolate frosting ever! What better way to start a new week than with cake. If you love cherries and chocolate you will love this cake.
The ingredients in the cake are angel food cake mix, eggs and cherry pie filling. 3 simple ingredients that you probably have in the house right now. This cake would be delicious even without the frosting but of course we cannot have cake with no frosting.
This frosting is something else, it’s so good and wrong and right, so chocolatey, so sweet, it’s chocolate for crying out loud. And what’s cake without chocolate. We have butter, milk, semi sweet chocolate chip and powdered sugar which you cook for a couple minutes over medium heat and magic happens. It transforms into this delicious sauce which you have to pour over the cake while the cake is warm and let it cool. As the cake cools, the chocolate sauce turns into this yummy frosting which if I could I’d bathe in it. Though I think I’d rather eat it.
Now as much as I love you all my friends, I’m going to leave you now and go and have a piece of this cake while it still exists in my fridge. Care to join?
Other Delicious Recipes To Try
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 21 ounce cherry pie filling ((1 can))
- 5 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the angel food cake mix, eggs and cherry pie filling. Beat with the mixer for a couple minutes.
- Pour batter in the prepared baking pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Meanwhile add all frosting ingredients in medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for a couple minutes until nice and smooth.
- Pour chocolate frosting over warm cake. Let cool completely before cutting into it.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.