This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins – so good, you can’t stop at just one! If you love pizza and you love potato skins, then this is your perfect appetizer!
I know what you’re thinking. You love potato skins. And not just for super bowl Sunday, but for any Sunday, or any day of the week that ends in day.
You’re not alone my friend. I do too! I’m crazy about these potato skins in particular.
Last month my loaded potato skins were cooked on the tv show Come Dine With Me Litchfield. I don’t know if you watch that show, but I for one, love it. I think it’s hilarious. At first I was afraid that Tim Travers, the guy who made my potato skins on tv, was going to butcher them and the result was going to be horrendous. Not so, he actually did a great job.
So because the last potato skins I blogged about became somewhat famous, I thought it was time for another star on my little blog here. And the star of this show is Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins.
OK, seriously, you cannot go wrong with pepperoni pizza potato skins. The name alone says it all, there really is no need for me to describe them. But just in case you’re not hungry yet, here’s a brief description. They’re crispy, cheesy, a bit spicy from the pepperoni, so yummy and tasty! Does that do it for you? If not, I hope the picture does, a picture is worth a thousand words.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins
- 6 small russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 tbsp pizza sauce your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz pepperoni diced
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes clean. Brush each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Let potatoes cool a bit.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the inside leaving just a bit on the skin. Brush again the inside of the potato skins with olive oil and place in the oven again for about 5 to 10, turn them over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until nice and crisp.
- To assemble your potato skins, fill each skin with pizza sauce, some shredded mozzarella, and diced pepperoni. Garnish with parsley and enjoy while they're still warm.