This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy, and undeniably delicious, English Muffin Pizza is the perfect speedy lunch or satisfying snack! Made with a handful of store-bought ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these handheld mini pizzas in under 30 minutes!
Easy English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Craving pizza but don’t want to deal with the fuss of delivery or making pizza dough? Enter English muffin pizza, the ultimate quick and easy mini pizzas that are always a hit! They take all the flavors and textures that you love about traditional pizza and pack them into a convenient handheld pie that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
What’s more, English muffin pizza is incredibly versatile, so you can get creative with what you have on hand. Whether you go for classic pepperoni and cheese, an array of fresh veggies, or an inventive combination of flavors, you can whip up different variations to please every palate. This recipe is perfect for busy days or a fun afternoon in the kitchen with the kids.
Why You’ll Love This English Muffin Pizza
- Easy Recipe! Forget about the complexities of making pizza from scratch. This recipe is the ultimate solution for when you’re craving pizza but don’t have the time or patience to deal with dough.
- Fun and Delicious! Beyond their convenience, English muffin pizzas are simply delicious. They combine all the flavors and textures of traditional pizza into a convenient, handheld form.
- Party Perfect! These mini pizzas are a hit at parties. You can set up a pizza-making station with various toppings and allow your guests to create their own personalized pizzas.
- English Muffins: These serve as the perfect base for your mini pizzas with all their nooks and crannies. Also, feel free to use whole wheat or gluten-free English muffins.
- Marinara Sauce: No need to make homemade pizza sauce. You can use store-bought or homemade marinara sauce as your pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Provides the wonderfully gooey cheesy layer! You can experiment with other cheeses like cheddar cheese and provolone.
- Toppings: Get creative! Whether it’s pepperoni slices, sausage, ham, bacon, olives, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, or pineapple you can use any toppings you like.
- Dried Oregano: Brings a touch of classic Italian flavor. You can also add dried basil or Italian seasoning.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a subtle garlic kick. Fresh minced garlic is another option if you want a more pungent punch of garlic flavor.
- Olive Oil: Gives the pizzas a little extra richness and flavor.
This recipe is all about simplicity and enjoying a homemade pizza without the fuss! All you have to do is decide how many toppings you want to put on your pizzas!
To kick the recipe off, preheat your oven or toaster oven to 375°F (190°C). Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Once the oven is hot, place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Then put them into the preheated oven and toast them for about 5 minutes.
After you’ve toasted the muffins, remove them from the oven and then spread the tomato sauce evenly on each half. Next, sprinkle each half with a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese. Then add all your favorite pizza toppings!
Now, top each muffin with a little dried oregano and garlic powder. Then add a drizzle of olive oil on top and your pizzas are made!
Once you’ve assembled all your pizzas, place them in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese melts and begins to brown. Then take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use instead of English muffins?
Can I make English muffin pizza in the microwave?
If you’re short on time, you can easily prepare a speedy version in the microwave. To elevate the flavor and texture, it’s advisable to first toast the English muffin halves in a toaster. Then assemble your pizzas on the toasted English muffin halves and microwave them for approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and become bubbly.
- Pre-toast the muffins. This ensures they stay crispy and don’t get soggy from the sauce and cheese. It also creates a yummy crispy pizza crust.
- Use quality ingredients. While this recipe is all about simplicity, using high-quality marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and premium toppings can elevate the overall taste of your English muffin pizza.
- Don’t overload with sauce. It’s tempting to pile on the marinara sauce, but a little goes a long way. Using too much sauce can make the muffins soggy.
- Watch the baking time. Using a timer is key. Cheese on pizzas can go from perfectly melted to overly browned quickly.
If you have any leftover English muffin pizzas, you can store them in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place them on a microwave-safe plate and warm them on medium power for a minute or so until the cheese is melty. You can also reheat them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until they’re warm and crispy again.
Discover More Delicious Snacks
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Lightly toast them in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
- After toasting, remove the muffins from the oven and spread each half evenly with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over each muffin half.
- Add your chosen toppings. Feel free to get creative – you can make each muffin half a different flavor if you wish!
- Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of dried oregano and garlic powder for extra flavor. Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let the pizzas cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Marinara Sauce: Feel free to use store-bought for convenience, but homemade always adds a special touch.
- Cheese Choices: While mozzarella is a classic, you can easily switch it up with cheddar, Gouda, or even a sprinkle of Parmesan for variety.
- Toppings Galore: Sky’s the limit! From classic pepperoni to bell peppers, olives, or even anchovies for the adventurous soul—make each muffin your own.
- Herbs & Spices: Don’t skip the oregano and garlic powder—they really elevate the flavors. However, feel free to add in some red pepper flakes for a kick, if you like.
- Storage: If you find yourself with leftovers, although unlikely because they’re that good, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven to maintain that crispy crust.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.