Bacon Omelette Goat Cheese Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwiches – what better way to start off your day than with a giant ciabatta sandwich featuring bacon, eggs and goat cheese!
I hurt my back this week, God knows if I know how, but it’s totally cramping my game. I’m no good, I’ve been sitting in bed most of the time reading. You might laugh if I tell you what I’ve been reading, but I’ve been reading the Twilight books. I know what you’re thinking, books for teenagers, plus I’m a decade too late. Heck, that’s me, always late for this stuff. In a way I enjoyed them, but I felt they dragged on for too long. But besides that I’ve been getting my sleep but very little activity. Today is the first day I sit at my computer for more than 5 minutes and attempt to do some work because I hate to let my blog go quiet with no new recipes. So having said that, I’ve got a simple breakfast recipe for you today.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Of course it is! And I love a good breakfast. I’d almost have to say that breakfast food is my favorite kind of food, especially big sandwiches like this loaded with omelette, bacon and cheese. This totally is the breakfast for a champion, and aren’t we all champions?
I love ciabatta buns for sandwiches, they’re just yummy. But here’s a simple omelette sandwich with one of my favorite cheeses, goat cheese and of course bacon. Can’t have a breakfast sandwich with no bacon! If you don’t like goat cheese, feel free to use feta cheese or blue cheese or whatever makes you happy. But the goat cheese is nice and creamy and almost melted on the omelette. So delish and easy to make!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Bacon Omelette Goat Cheese Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwiches
- 2 ciabatta buns cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp dry oregano
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 4 slices bacon fried
- salt and pepper to taste
- greens such as lettuce or kale about 1 cup
- 1 tomato sliced
- Whisk the eggs with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a pan or skillet. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and til so that the egg mixture covers the entire base of the pan. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until golden underneath and flip over. Cook for another 20 to 30 seconds and remove from pan.
- To assemble the sandwiches lay a few of the lettuce or kale leaves on the bottom. Top with half the omelette, 1/2 of the crumbled goat cheese, 2 slices bacon, a couple tomato slices and top bun. Repeat with other ciabatta bun.