Turkey Pesto Panini with cheddar cheese and roasted red peppers. Perfect for a lunch, snack or dinner!
I love a good panini!
It’s the perfect lunch. A good panini is full of flavor, a good panini will satisfy your taste buds, and fill your tummy. I love making paninis over the weekend for lunch because it’s quick and allows you to have more time doing the things you love and enjoy doing over the weekend.
So as I was surfing the web, like I usually do, to find a good panini recipe, this recipe caught my eye because of the pesto, and I just so happened to have some pesto I made a little while ago and had it in the freezer.
Obviously you can buy pesto, or you can make it yourself, which I did. It’s super easy, you just add basil, pine nuts, olive oil and salt to a food processor and pulse it until it turns into a paste. You will love it. It’s great on pizzas, it’s great on sandwiches, it’s just wonderful.
For paninis you can use any sliced bread you like but I love to use focaccia because it packs a lot of extra flavor. I have a panini maker, because my husband loves paninis, so we make them often but if you don’t you can just use a grill pan and make it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich and if you want press on it with something heavy.
This turkey pesto panini is fabulous because it has pesto, roasted red peppers, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and turkey. Lots of good and delicious flavors.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Turkey Pesto Panini
- 2 large pieces of focaccia cut in half or 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 1/4 pound turkey cold cuts
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 to mato sliced
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Heat panini maker.
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread. Top two of the slices of bread with turkey, roasted red pepper, tomato slices, and cheddar cheese. Top with other slice of bread.
- Grill on a Panini maker for about 3 minutes or until grill marks form and the cheese has melted.