This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Breakfast Pie – simply genius! Eggs, bacon, red bell peppers and cheddar cheese all wrapped up in crescent rolls.
Happy 4th of July my American friends!!
You know, sometimes I even amaze myself!
I am a genius!
I am a genius for creating gems like this! Of course my pie turned out a bit different than what I wanted to make, but it doesn’t matter! In either case, this is brilliant! I got the idea from the Pillsbury site, I saw something similar there but as I said it didn’t quite turn out as it was meant to be. Sometimes mistakes work and you end up with something better than the original!
I’m using too many exclamation marks, but that’s OK! Because I’m excited about this dish.
This would make the perfect brunch. Of course it’s great for breakfast too. I made this over the Canada day long weekend for breakfast and we loved it. It’s so easy to make and with ingredients you’re likely to have around the house. Of course I had to add bacon to it, after all what’s breakfast without bacon. It was fantastic.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Easy Breakfast Pie
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 6 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the bacon then fry it in a large skillet until crisp. Add eggs, bell peppers, cheese and parsley to skillet and stir as to scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. You don't have to cook the eggs completely as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 triangles. I had the 8 large crescent roll can, so I cut each crescent in half to make two triangles, therefore ending up with 16 smaller triangles. Arrange the triangles with shortest sides toward center on the cookie sheet, overlapping in star shape and covering the middle with leftover triangles. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- Place the egg mixture in the center of the dough. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck in the middle.
- Brush dough with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.