This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Breakfast Burritos are so hearty, delicious and perfect for grab and go in the morning. Freezer friendly and super simple to make.
It’s Saturday and I wanted to make a nice breakfast for my husband and I, but I wanted to make something healthier with no bacon, something that I could enjoy eating with no guilt. These breakfast burritos, are super healthy, they are made with whole wheat tortillas, eggs, tomatoes, green pepper, a bit of jalapeno pepper for some kick and potatoes. You could add cheese to this, but I decided that the cheese wasn’t necessary, the burrito was big enough as it was, and needless to say, it was just as tasty without the cheese.
I used two medium size potatoes for this, so peel them and shred them.
I also chopped a small onion for some extra flavor.
In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the potatoes and onion.
Cook until the potato and onion are cooked through.
Chop up 4 small tomatoes into small pieces.
The next step can be skipped, but I used half a jalapeno pepper and it was not spicy at all, just added a bit of kick to it, so chop it up in small pieces.
I also used half a green pepper, so chop that up in small pieces as well.
In a medium size bowl, add the peppers and onion and also crack 5 eggs in the bowl. You could use egg substitute if you wish. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix everything together well, and add the egg mixture over the hash browns in your skillet.
Cook over medium heat while stirring in it, remember this is supposed to resemble scrambled eggs. When done, place it in a bowl.
Next step is easy and fun, we assemble the burritos. I used the 6 inch tortillas, but of course you can use the bigger ones. Take a tortilla and add a good 2 or 3 tablespoonfuls of the egg to it.
Wrap it up like a burrito by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up. They look gorgeous.
Serve this with some nice spicy salsa on the side.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Healthy Breakfast Burritos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 small tomatoes chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper chopped
- 5 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 medium tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the potatoes and onions and cook until potatoes are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, peppers, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to the skilled. Stir everything together while cooking over medium heat.
- When eggs are cooked, place the mixture in a bowl.
- Assemble the burritos by placing 2 to 3 large tablespoons of the egg mixture to the tortilla. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and then roll up to make the burrito.
- Serve with salsa on the side.