This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Burritos – a Classic Mexican dish that will have the entire family, including those picky kids, running to the dinner table.
It’s the weekend and the weather is pretty depressing. It rained and it looks like it’s going to rain some more. But I don’t mind too much, because this weather is perfect for staying indoors and cooking. And that’s what I’m doing.
Take a look at these chicken burritos. Do they look good or what? They are really good, and very easy to make. And you know what else? They’re perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We just had them for breakfast and they did not disappoint. Great way to start the day.
I just think burritos are the the greatest thing ever invented because they’re so versatile. I know I probably need to get out more, but they are so fabulous. They may not be a fancy dish you’d order at an expensive restaurant, but they are a hearty meal that will satisfy you, and that’s what I’m going for here. Basic and simple recipes that make you go hmm. 🙂
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless, cut into small pieces.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 t tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup bean medley or kidney beans (canned)
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken breast and cook until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and stir. Season with salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, beans and jalapeno and mix well. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes then set aside.
- To assemble add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture to the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese. Roll up each tortilla and secure with a couple toothpicks. Place burritos under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes until cheese has melted and tortillas are slightly golden.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.