This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Breakfast Quesadillas make for a healthy and delicious breakfast, packed with flavor from some of my favorite ingredients.
Before I share with you this amazing recipe for my favorite breakfast quesadillas, I’d like to tell you why breakfast is my favorite meal. There are many many reasons, but here are just a few:
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
- It can include some of my favorite ingredients like bacon, cheese and eggs
- It’s a great opportunity to get your intake of fruits and veggies
- It gives you lots of energy to help you overcome your daily challenges
- Eating breakfast can lower cholesterol levels
- Last but not least, it’s amazingly delicious food!
So there are some of my reasons for eating and loving breakfast, what are yours?
These breakfast quesadillas are packed with flavor and delicious ingredients. Obviously you can put anything you want in a quesadilla, but these ones are made with lots of love, potatoes, red bell peppers, kabanos sausage, eggs, cheese and avocados. Avocados are my latest favorite ingredient to shove into a quesadilla. Kabanos sausage is a dry pork sausage, but if you don’t have this, don’t fret. You can use bacon (it’s a veggie), ground meat, or any sausage.
Can you say YUM? Can you think of a better way to start your day, besides with your significant other, these quesadillas, and good cup of coffee?
Not me, nope, not me!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 links kabanos sausage sliced (optional, or can substitute with bacon)
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 medium potatoes diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet heat one tbsp of the olive oil and cook the onion and potatoes until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add red bell pepper and cook for another minute. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the other tbsp of oil to the skillet and fry the sausage until lightly browned. Beat the eggs and pour over the sausage. Scramble the eggs around the skillet with a wooden spoon or spatula and cook until eggs are done. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt half tbsp of butter over medium heat then place a tortilla. Layer it with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 of the potato mixture, 1/4 of the egg/sausage mixture, slices from half an avocado and another 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown, flipping carefully. Make sure the cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Slice the quesadillas into 4 wedges using a pizza cutter, or a knife and serve with sour cream and salsa.