Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 pm
These Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas will give you the bold flavors of buffalo chicken wings with gooey melted cheese, all packed in a quesadilla! Quick and simple recipe for the best and most delicious quesadillas!
These Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are baked in the oven which means you can make multiple at the same time, faster and crispier. Quesadillas are one of my favorite foods, as a matter of fact it’s usually what I order when I go for lunch with friends, I just love a good quesadilla. I also love a good Buffalo wing so when you put the two together, I’m in heaven!
However, I never find them crispy enough. Over the years, I’ve made many quesadillas and my favorite way to make them so they end up nice and crispy is to either grill them, or bake them. Since, it’s not quite grilling time yet, I went with baking this time. Plus you can make a few at a time, so you don’t waste a lot of time over the stove, and they stay crispier longer.
Traditionally Buffalo style sauce is a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter and the Buffalo style chicken is usually served with a blue cheese dressing. You could make your own Buffalo wing sauce if you preferred, but to save time, I usually buy mine.
Do you ever wonder where Buffalo wings came from? They actually were first created in Buffalo, New York, at Anchor Bar back in 1964. They’ve been around for quite a while now. The city of Buffalo officially declared July 29 to be Chicken Wing Day. How cool is that?
Before I go, I wanted to give you an update on our puppy, Indiana. He’s quite a hand full but so much fun. I’d forgotten what it’s like to have a puppy, all the energy and the playing, not to mention the potty training. We gave him his first bath since bringing him home last night and that got him extremely tired because he fell asleep right away. We had a good couple hours of down time. It’s still very difficult to get him to sit still for a couple seconds so I can take pictures but here he is. As usual check out my instagram account for more pictures and videos of the little pup.
How about those quesadillas? The options are endless! Try some of my other quesadillas while you’re at it:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Heat the olive oil into a skillet then add the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes on all sides until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl, add the Buffalo wing sauce and toss well.
- Take a large tortilla and add about 1/4 of the chicken and spread it over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with a couple tbsp of the blue cheese and about 1/2 cup of the Mexican blend cheese. Fold in half and press down gently. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the quesadillas on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning them over half way through if necessary. With my oven they crisped up on the bottom as well so I didn't need to flip them over, but all ovens are different.
- Remove the quesadillas from the oven, cut in half and serve with sour cream or additional buffalo wing sauce.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!