Last updated on May 28th, 2018 at 12:40 pm
These Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas will surely satisfy your Mexican cravings. You’ll get the bold flavors of chicken enchiladas but packed in a quesadilla for a fun and simple recipe you can make and enjoy any night of the week!
Now that I’ve given you my recipe for my enchilada sauce, it’s time to put it to good use by making these delicious and simple to make chicken enchilada quesadillas. These quesadillas are incredibly easy to make and I love to use already cooked chicken to simplify my life even more.
I usually like to buy whole roast chickens because I find them really versatile and I usually just pick the meat off the bones and use that in quesadillas like this or chicken enchiladas, taquitos, you name it.
But you know what’s great about these quesadillas? They are BAKED in the oven, which means you can make a few at a time, depends on how big your baking sheet is, so it’s faster and they turn out super crispy.
Ever since I started baking my quesadillas, I haven’t cooked them any other way. I really love how simple it is. I used to use my panini maker, but I used to make a lot of mess and I could only do one at a time, so this is the best and easiest way. In 10 minutes you have 4 quesadillas, ready to be devoured.
How about those quesadillas? The options are endless! Try some of my other quesadillas while you’re at it:
- Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Shrimp Fiesta Quesadillas
- Breakfast Quesadillas
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl add the shredded chicken, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce and toss everything well.
- Take a large tortilla and add about 1/4 of the chicken and spread it over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 of Monterey Jack cheese. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Fold in half and press down gently. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the quesadillas on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning them over half way through if necessary. With my oven they crisped up on the bottom as well so I didn't need to flip them over, but all ovens are different.
- Remove the quesadillas from the oven, cut in half and serve with sour cream or guacamole if preferred.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!