Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 pm
These Chicken Enchilada Taquitos require only 4 simple ingredients to make and the best part is that they’re baked! Crunchy, succulent and delicious!
You all know I love my simple recipes and trust me when I tell you taquitos couldn’t get any easier than this recipe. Long ago, and I mean a very long time ago, taquitos were something I’d only get at Mexican restaurants or buy in the frozen section of my local grocery store. I probably never even thought of making my own taquitos, thinking they were these complex little rolls filled with magical ingredients that made them taste incredible. Well, not exactly true, at least when it comes to the complex part, but they certainly taste incredible.
I can’t emphasize enough how much I love 4 ingredient recipes, seriously, all you need are about 10 minutes of prep time to make these taquitos, crisp them up in the oven for a bit then enjoy. How simple is that? Now as far as the secret ingredient in these taquitos, I’d have to say it’s the enchilada sauce. I love enchilada sauce and to be completely honest with you, I use it in all sort of dishes. As a matter of fact, last time I sent hubs shopping to buy me some enchilada sauce he bought me a whole box because he got tired of me asking for enchilada sauce all the time. I also make my own, but I’ll share that recipe with you at a later time.
While the enchilada sauce might be the secret ingredient, I strongly recommend drizzling some hot sauce and sour cream over them, that is how I love mine. I still remember the time when I couldn’t eat anything spicy at all, but you know it is true what they say, you really do get used to eating spicy foods the more you eat them. Now a total of 25 minutes is all you need to spare to make this delicious snack, which I’m sure we can all spare and trust me, but it beats the store bought ones.
I hope you guys give these chicken enchilada taquitos a try because they’re nice and crispy, super flavorful, quick and not to mention insanely tasty and satisfying. They’re perfect for game day, served as an appetizer, or just a quick and easy snack.
Try some more recipes using enchilada sauce!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Enchilada Taquitos
- 3 lb cooked chicken breasts boneless and skinless (about 1 )
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 2 cups marble cheddar cheese
- 10 medium whole wheat tortillas
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- Preheat oven at 400 F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl shred the chicken breast. You can also chop it up in small pieces.
- Add the enchilada sauce and the cheese and stir everything together until well incorporated.
- Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Tightly roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray the taquitos with more cooking spray. Alternatively, you could brush with melted butter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until tortillas turn golden brown. If you want crispier taquitos, place under the broiler for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve with any of the optional toppings and enjoy!
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!