Last updated on March 27th, 2017 at 07:06 pm
This Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake is the perfect weekend brunch recipe that can be made ahead and will surely please and impress your guests.
I know it’s not the weekend yet, but I have a great weekend brunch recipe for you today that is simply gorgeous and so yummy.
In our family cheese pies are huge. We could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But sometimes I just want to kick it up a notch and the best way to do that is to add bacon of course. However this is closer to a spanakopita rather than a cheese pie. To this gorgeous pie I added more than just bacon, I also changed the cheeses and added some red peppers. I mixed ricotta and spinach together with some eggs for the main filling, and also sprinkled some cheddar cheese over the bacon. Like I said it’s the perfect brunch recipe and it will surely impress your guests.
I made this a couple weekends ago when we invited some friends over for brunch and everybody loved this. I mean think about it, you have all the food groups, spinach and peppers, so you get your veggies, bacon and eggs for your proteins and ricotta and cheddar cheese for your dairy. See what I mean, it’s perfect.
One thing to keep in mind if you bake this is you want to make sure you squeeze all the water out of the spinach and bake it long enough, otherwise it will be watery and soggy inside. I baked mine for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, but again every oven is different. If you bake it long enough when you cut into it, it should be nice and firm and ready to be eaten.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Unfold pastry sheets and roll out one sheet to 11-inch square; set aside. Roll out remaining sheet to 12-inch square; use to line the bottom and side of the prepared springform pan.
- Reserve 1 tbsp. eggs. Mix remaining eggs with ricotta, hot sauce and spinach. Layer half each of the bacon, cheddar, ricotta mixture and peppers in crust. Repeat layers.
- Cover with remaining pastry sheet; fold under edges of pastry, then tuck inside pan. Brush pastry with reserved egg. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim.
More delicious recipes from my kitchen