This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs -perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
My husband bought these 2 huge sweet potatoes, and I made some some sweet potato fries with 1/2 of 1, that’s how big they are. So I still had 1/2 of a big sweet potato that I kept in the fridge and thought it would be great for a sweet potato hash over the weekend. So glad I made this. This was one of those breakfasts that I love, so hearty and delicious, it’s a wonderful way to start your weekend with. I’ve said this before but truly this is one of my favorite things about weekends, the big breakfasts.
To be honest with you, you don’t really need a recipe for this kind of breakfast, I just used whatever I had in the fridge. Onions, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, spicy smoked sausage and eggs of course. You can add whatever spices you want, I just added some salt and pepper and some cumin because I thought it would go great with the sweet potatoes. And my favorite thing to drink with this great breakfast is a good cup of coffee. Enjoy my friends.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped spicy smoked sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- In an oven proof skillet heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the onions and the cubed sweet potatoes and cook for about 7 minutes. At this point add the bell pepper, sausage, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook for an additional 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crack the 4 eggs on top of the hash and place the skillet under the broiler for a couple minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.