This gnocchi with mushroom ragu is a super easy dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes and perfect for any night of the week.
Remember I told you I work in IT (Information Technology)? I’ve been a systems analyst/software developer all my life, for almost 20 years. Stop guessing my age! Would you believe it if I told you that in all that time I never used a Mac computer? Kind of hard to believe. I’ve always been a Windows gal. There really is something to be said about teaching old dogs new tricks. Even so, I always knew that Mac computers are the best but I guess I was always scared to change. Hubs has always had a MacBook Pro but I never touched it.
Today all this changed. I finally gave in and bought myself a MacBook Air. Can I just say I. LOVE. IT. Seriously! I had it up and running in less than 5 minutes and here I am 10 minutes later writing this post. Oh and it’s super fast! You CAN teach old dogs new tricks, and I’m proof of that!
What can I say? Life is great! And to celebrate such a huge event I have the perfect dish. I know you probably thought I’d never stop talking about my laptop and talk about this recipe.
This recipe is perfect for any night of the week including a celebratory dinner. This gnocchi with mushroom ragu is so simple to make, you’ll have dinner in under 30 minutes, you’ll thank me, and you’ll love it.
Before you ask, no I did not make my own gnocchi, maybe some day I will but not this day. I do however strongly recommend that you use freshly grated Parmesan cheese, I think it makes all the difference.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Gnocchi with Mushroom Ragu
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the gnocchi according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet heat the butter together with the olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms brown a bit. Add the red wine, cream and vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook for a couple minutes, the sauce will thicken and may evaporate a bit, so don't cook it too long.
- Pour mushroom ragu over gnocchi. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of red wine.