This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Ultimate Brussels Sprouts Salad – this salad is crunchy from the bacon and pecan and it’s just simply delicious. Perfect for lunch.
Ah, brussels sprouts. How many people can actually say the love brussels sprouts?
Well I’m not one of them.
But I’m stubborn that way. When there’s a vegetable that I don’t like I try and make something with it, until I like it. And that’s what I did with brussels sprouts. Of course the addition of bacon to this salad immediately makes it out of this world, but there are a couple more things in here that I absolutely love. I added white cheddar cheese and pecans of course. I have to admit I really enjoyed this salad. It’s crunchy from the bacon and pecans and it’s just simply delicious.
I used the food processor to shred the brussels sprouts, which made this really easy, in 30 seconds I was done shredding. I have to admit though, I do not like washing the food processor, well I don’t like washing dishes for that matter, but this is where my husband comes in. 🙂 I’m lucky, I have a husband who washes dishes.
Anyway back to the salad. It’s very easy to make, basically you cook the bacon, and using the bacon drippings you saute the brussels sprouts just for a few minutes until it gets a little tender. Then you just toss everything together, brussels sprouts, cheese, pecans, bacon and dressing.
So maybe this salad did not make me love brussels sprouts, but at least I can eat them, the salad is absolutely delicious. Perfect for lunch.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
The Ultimate Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into pieces and cook it until crisp. Pour off all but 2 tbsp of the bacon drippings in pan.
- Add the shredded brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until the brussels sprouts are a little bit tender.
- In a bowl whisk the apple cider, olive oil and brown sugar. In a larger bowl add the brussels sprouts, bacon, cheese, pecans and dressing. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.