This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Caramel Apple Dip – with cream cheese and skor bits, just dip, scoop and bite. Perfect for a kids party, or just a snack.
It’s funny how small the world is sometimes. Remember my friend that gave me the sex in a pan recipe? I had actually lost touch with her for the past 5 years, pretty much since we moved to Calgary. I can’t remember how or why it happened, the only reason I can think of now is that life happened. Since then I started this blog and what I learned the most during this process, is how small the world really is. Through this blog I have met people from all over the world, through this blog I have met my friend again. During all these years, so many times I wished she was here with me, cooking together and working on the blog together. We always used to cook together in the past and a have a lot of great memories.
It was merely a coincidence, but one day I received an email from her telling me she was searching for the sex in a pan recipe because she had lost it or forgotten it, and through her search for the recipe, she had found me. Amazing isn’t it? But this is why I love doing what I do.
And now she gave me another amazing recipe. She sent me this and said this is her go to recipe for when she has surprise guests or big family dinners. It’s a delicious caramel apple dip with cream cheese and skor bits. Well of course I just had to try it. It’s unbelievable, so delicious, I could barely stop myself from eating. It’s great with apples, but I also cut up some peaches and it was to die for. I think this would be great with any fruits. It’s so smooth and crunchy from the skor bits, it’s just fabulous. Such a simple thing to make, yet so impressive.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Caramel Apple Dip
- Using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and brown sugar until well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese/brown sugar mixture on a large round serving plate (you want it to be at least 1/2 inch thick).
- Spread the caramel spread/dip over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with skor bits (add more skor bits for a crunchier texture).
- Store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Take it out at least 20 minutes before serving so the cream cheese can soften a bit.
- While you're waiting for the cream cheese to soften, cut your apples into wedges.
- To eat, simply dip, scoop and bite.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.