Nutella Fudge with Pistachios and Sea Salt – the combination of sweet from the nutella and the saltiness from the sea salt and the pistachios, well it truly is a marriage made in heaven.
I have a confession to make…
I have probably had fudge once or twice in my life, and I was never a big fan of it. I found it overly sweet and it felt like I was eating sugar. Until now! If you’re a regular reader of mine, well you know how much I adore nutella, and I’ll try all sort of recipes with nutella, including fudge. But I wanted to take this fudge to a new level and added my own spin on it by adding my favorite kind of nuts, pistachios.
So let me tell you, the combination of sweet from the nutella and the condensed milk and the saltiness from the sea salt and the pistachios, well it truly is a marriage made in heaven. This nutella fudge does not taste like you’re eating sugar, well simply because there is no sugar in it, so it’s nice and smooth.
To my surprise, this fudge was unbelievably simple to make, it literally took me 5 minutes to make it. You probably spend more time prepping the baking pan than you do making the fudge. So in a few minutes, you can make yourself this incredible dessert. I think it’s ideal for a party, because you can cut it in small bite size pieces and people will just love you, thinking you spent hours on this creation.
The reason I made this fudge is my husband, he has such a sweet tooth for chocolate, he’s unbelievable. He kept telling me of this chocolate they make in Romania which they call “home chocolate” and how it’s not as hard as real chocolate but softer and sweeter. So I was wondering what the heck he was talking about and I decided to google it, yes google is my friend, and I found a recipe and I was like, hey that’s just fudge. And here I thought it was something special, however I learned something new, I learned that they make fudge in Romania, did not know that, I thought it was a Western thing. See you do learn something every day.
And that is the story of how I came to make this delicious fudge. I really do hope you give it a try, it is so good, now you can’t have to much of it because even though it has no sugar, it’s still sweet from the nutella and condensed milk, but having a small piece will take care of that sweet tooth. I swear, it’s true!
You’ll thank me, you’ll see.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Nutella Fudge with Pistachios and Sea Salt
- 1 can 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz of unsweetened chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup nutella
- 3/4 cup pistachios whole
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch overlap on the sides, so you can easily pull out the fudge.
- In a stainless steel bowl, add the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, nutella and the 1/2 tsp salt.
- Fill a pot with water half way and bring it to a boil. Place the stainless steel bowl over the pot and stir continuously in the bowl until the chocolate is melted, it took me about 5 minutes.
- Now you need to move quickly because the chocolate will harden. Add the pistachios to the bowl and mix them in quickly. Pour the chocolate over the parchment paper and level it out so that the top is nice and even. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Refrigerate the fudge until it's set, it will set fairly quickly, about 2 hours.
- Cut the fudge in the preferred size, with a knife that has been run under hot water and dried off.