Just like sex in a pan here’s another retro recipe, this one from 1993 for Redenbacher’s Ribbon O’ Fudge Bars. I love these old forgotten recipes, though if you ask me 1993 doesn’t seem like that long ago but it was 20 years ago. That just makes me feel old!
Seriously, let’s think about this recipe for a minute. We have 5 fantastic ingredients; popcorn, fudge, butter, mini marshmallows and butterscotch chips. I don’t know about you but to me that spells sweet, sticky deliciousness. You can’t go wrong with these ingredients, and you put them together and BAM!
So I could say that kids will enjoy these a lot, but let’s not fool ourselves, us adults will also enjoy them and bring us back to the times when our mothers used to make these.
All I can say is that 1993 was a good year!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Redenbacher’s Ribbon O’ Fudge Bars
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 12 cups Popped Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Original Popping Corn unpopped kernels discarded
- 1 12-oz. hot fudge sauce
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In large Dutch oven over low heat, melt marshmallows with butterscotch chips and butter; stir occasionally until smooth. Add popcorn; toss until well coated.
- Press half of mixture firmly into the 9-inch square pan. Spread fudge sauce evenly over mixture. Press remaining popcorn mixture over fudge. Allow mixture to cool and harden. You can also refrigerate it.
- Remove entire mixture and slide into cutting board to cut into bars.