Last updated on April 18th, 2018 at 03:57 pm
Apple Pie Taquitos – crispy, sweet, and delicious, these taquitos are simple to make. All the makings of a great apple pie, in a fun taquito form. Genius!
Because it’s the start of a new week, let’s celebrate with something sweet. And because these apple pie taquitos are so simple to make, that you can make them on a weekday, in the morning, after work, whatever strikes your fancy. But even better than that, these taquitos are so good, you’ll thank me.
I am actually happy it’s the start of a new week because I have some amazing recipes to share with you this week, foods that I’ve had on my road trip and inspired me to attempt making them myself. It’ll be a great week in my kitchen this week so I’m happy to share these recipes with you and hope you’ll come and share in the fun.
I have to tell you, I had fun making these taquitos. They only require 5 simple ingredients; apple pie filling, sugar, cinnamon, butter and tortillas. All the makings of a great apple pie, but in an adorable taquito form. I have to admit the idea is simply genius.
Nothing makes me happier than simple recipes with great ingredients that magically transform into delicious dishes. And these taquitos don’t disappoint. They are so yummy and crispy and sweet and cinnamony.
I drizzled mine with some caramel sauce because that’s just how I roll. Not saying you need the caramel sauce, but I just think of ways to take something amazing and make them more decadent.
Even some drizzled chocolate sauce would go, nutella, maybe a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or some shaved chocolate, and a dollop of whipped cream. I think I better stop there before I run down to the kitchen and finish the rest of these off.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
I even made a video for you guys which you can take a look at here:
This recipe was originally shared Oct 2014.
- 20 oz apple pie filling (1 can)
- 12 medium soft flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Brush a 9x13 baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- In a shallow plate mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Empty the can of pie filling onto a cutting board and chop the apples into smaller pieces with a knife.
- Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the apple pie filling. Tightly roll up the tortilla. Brush the taquito with butter the roll it through the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place the taquito in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and apple pie filling. You should have enough filling for the 12 tortillas.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the taquitos start to get golden on top.
- Serve with caramel sauce if preferred.
You can try this recipe with any type of pie filling.
If you find that the taquitos aren't getting as golden as you'd like after 15 minutes, turn on the broiler for a few minutes and keep and eye on them.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!