This Avocado Chicken Salad is loaded with so much flavor and made with healthy ingredients! It’s delicious, satisfying and perfect for a light lunch, brunch or dinner!
Avocado Chicken Salad
This here my friends, is real chicken salad artistry! This is the best chicken salad sandwich you will EVER eat. Not that I’m biased or anything, but you must try this. It’s healthy, it’s satisfying and it’s perfect for sandwiches or just on its own.
Over the years I’ve given you many recipes, way over a thousand actually. But I always have my favorites. Favorites that I make over and over again and this salad is one of those favorites. I love it because it’s quick, and it’s loaded with so many good ingredients, that it just makes me feel good when I eat it. I really hope you give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Ingredients Needed For Avocado Chicken Salad
Here’s what you’ll need for this great salad (don’t forget to scroll down for the complete printable recipe):
- Chicken – I usually buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the breast meat from it. If you like dark meat feel free to use the thighs.
- Roasted red pepper – this gives so much flavor to this salad, a must for sure.
- Cheese – I love to use a good sharp cheddar cheese.
- Veggies – you’ll need green onions, red onion, celery, and bell peppers. Load it up with lots of veggies.
- Avocados – the other star ingredient in this recipe.
- Pecans – these could be optional but I love the crunch they give the salad.
- Greek yogurt – you could use mayo but if you want this salad a bit healthier, use the yogurt.
- Salt & pepper – add as much or as little as you like to season to your taste.
- Lime juice – freshly squeezed.
How To Make Avocado Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is such an easy lunch to make. The secret to cooking fast is prepping all your ingredients first and that’s key to this recipe, because once that’s done, you’ll be ready in a minute. Here’s what you need to do:
In a large bowl roughly mash the avocados, then add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. That’s all there is to it!
How To Serve This Chicken Salad
This avocado chicken salad is really versatile which makes it so great. I personally love to serve it in sandwiches or lettuce wraps. The lime juice in it will keep it fresh, vibrant and delicious. Here are some other great ways to serve it:
- Chicken melt. Butter two slices of bread and spread chicken salad over the unbuttered side of the bread. Add more cheese if you wish then cook it in a skillet as you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Chicken salad quesadillas.
- On its own as a main course, perhaps with a side of fruit such as grapes.
How To Store Leftover Avocado Chicken Salad
Transfer the salad to an airtight container, and place plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad to prevent the avocados from turning brown. Refrigerate for up to a couple days.
Try These Other Great Recipes:
- Southwestern Wraps
- Turkish Gozleme with Lamb
- Marinated Chicken Spiedies with Garlic Sauce
- Crab Cake Sliders
- The Chicken Parmwich
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 avocados mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cut small, from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped small
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl roughly mash the avocados, then add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- To the same bowl add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.