This Bang Bang Shrimp is crispy, crunchy and utterly delicious! Battered jumbo shrimp, coated in Panko breadcrumbs fried or baked to perfection and served with the super simple bang bang sauce!
If you’re looking for simple recipes, easy to put together and quick to make, you’ve come to the right place. This bang bang shrimp is the perfect example of that. Over the years, I’ve tried to share with you my favorite recipes which I’ve tried to simplify so that we can all make them and enjoy them!
Today marks the 8th anniversary since I’ve started this blog and I can honestly say that this has probably been one of the best projects I’ve ever started. I’ve loved every minute of it and it has been a wonderful experience. I honestly cannot see myself doing anything else. Here’s to another 8 years of doing what I love.
WHAT IS BANG BANG SHRIMP
Bang Bang Shrimp is a popular shrimp recipe from the Bonefish Grill restaurant that is crispy and crunchy shrimp served with a sweet and spicy sauce. It’s a recipe that has become extremely popular over the past few years with good reason.
It’s addictive! What’s not to love about beautiful crispy shrimp fried to perfection then served with the delicious bang bang sauce. It’s a total crowd pleaser!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN BANG BANG SAUCE
In my opinion, the bang bang sauce is what it’s all about. It’s a sauce that’s a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy.
The ingredients in it are mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, hot sauce and honey. Four simple ingredients when combined together are a marriage made in heaven. Its what gives this shrimp recipe its distinct flavor.
HOW TO MAKE BANG BANG SHRIMP
Making bang bang shrimp couldn’t get any easier. Start by making the batter by mixing the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. To it add the hot sauce, egg and buttermilk. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
Add the shrimp to the batter and toss to make sure each shrimp is coated. Dredge the battered shrimp through the breadcrumbs then fry in a heated skillet with oil for 2 minutes on each side.
I love to drizzle the bang bang sauce over the shrimp. There will be plenty of sauce leftover for dipping.
CAN YOU BAKE BANG BANG SHRIMP
Yes! As a matter fact when I first shared this recipe with you almost 6 years ago, I had shared a baked bang bang shrimp recipe. To bake them preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the breaded shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, then flip the shrimp over and bake for another 5 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BANG BANG SHRIMP
I usually serve these on their own but they go great with a delicious salad such as delicious Kale and Quinoa Salad or this Summer Salad with Herbed Ricotta and Balsamic Vinaigrette salad.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT APPETIZERS? TRY THESE:
You may also like this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp!
Bang Bang Shrimp
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce together and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
- In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Coat each shrimp with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Once the oil is hot, fry the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side till they are a light golden brown. You may need to do this in batches so as to not overcrowd the shrimp. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels and pat any extra oil.
- Drizzle shrimp with sauce and serve.
- Baking Instructions: To bake them preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breaded shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, then flip the shrimp over and bake for another 5 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.