Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 06:41 pm
These Chili Garlic Shrimp are incredibly easy to make, ready in less than 15 minutes, hot, spicy and so delicious! Serve these as an appetizer or as a light lunch over rice, or with a side of steamed veggies.
I love shrimp which is why I have quite a few shrimp recipes here on the blog. However, a few months ago when I was making my famous New Orleans shrimp which is a favorite at my house, I realized I developed a shrimp allergy.
As I was eating them, my whole face swelled up, luckily hubs was out shopping and I had him pick up some Benadryl for me. Very sad day though, because I really do love shrimp, especially big juicy jumbo shrimp like these ones. I’ve been too scared since then to try a shrimp again.
However, this hasn’t stopped me from making shrimp, hubs still loves them, so I can’t deny him. I will also make some chicken at the same time though, with the same ingredients as the shrimp. So I can tell you with certainty this recipe works great with chicken breast as well.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP
Mise en place (set up) – prepare all your ingredients before actually starting to cook. Shrimp cooks extremely fast, and you won’t have time while the shrimp is cooking to chop parsley and mince garlic, so it’s best to prepare everything before actually starting to cook. Everything should be ready so that you can just throw the ingredients in the skillet when needed.
Always use fresh uncooked large or jumbo shrimp. Removing the tails is my preference because when I serve these I hate having to fight with the tails, I’d rather just pop the shrimp in my mouth and enjoy the flavors. You can usually buy shrimp that are already deveined and shelled but if you cannot find them, make sure to devein the shrimp yourself.
Use fresh chilis here, if you use the dry ones, the heat levels are definitely different.
CRAVING MORE SHRIMP RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Maple BBQ Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Spicy New Orleans Shrimp
- Honey Soy Shrimp
- Garlic Parsley Butter Shrimp
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chili Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb large shrimp or jumbo, shelled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 red chili peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet and heat over high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and and arrange. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp turns pink, golden and crispy, then flip over and sear for another 2 minutes. Season this side with salt and pepper as well.
- Add the garlic, chilis, parsley and stir everything together. Cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic is aromatic.
- Serve warm on its own, over rice or with steamed veggies.