Last updated on September 29th, 2018 at 02:58 pm
These Maple BBQ Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp will rock your world! Perfectly plump and juicy jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon and glazed with maple syrup and BBQ sauce.
Hello, my bacon lover friends! I’ve missed you, but here I am to redeem myself with these bacon wrapped shrimp glazed with a yummy maple syrup and barbecue sauce glaze. Yeah baby, they really are yummy! This is the kind of appetizer that really won’t last long, because as soon as you put it on the table, these tasty bacon wrapped shrimp will be gone in no time.
When I woke up this morning, I really didn’t yet know what I wanted to make, so when I looked in my freezer and found these gorgeous jumbo shrimp, and I mean gorgeous, I knew I had to make something special with them. So looking through my fridge a bit more, I found bacon. I mean let’s face it, there’s always bacon in my fridge. I’m just saying. But with bacon and shrimp, of course you end up with bacon wrapped shrimp, there’s just no other way.
I knew that I couldn’t just wrap these shrimp in some bacon and call it a day, I had to brush them with something, give them some more flavor. Hence the maple syrup and BBQ sauce, trust me, it just works. These puppies are like flavor bombs. I mean you could add some hot sauce, if you’re brave, but I kind of love just the sweetness of them, I mean have you ever had maple bacon? Hell yeah! It’s really good.
Anyway, I can tell you only so much about how awesome these bacon wrapped shrimp are, but I’ll let you be the judge. I hope I’ve inspired you to make them yourself.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Maple BBQ Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (about 18)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce store bought
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 9 slices bacon thin cut, cut in half
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, this will save you from having to scrub your baking sheet plus it helps with crisping up the bacon all around. Place a cookie rack on top of the baking sheet. This will help the bacon crisp up all around the shrimp.
- Remove the shells from the shrimp, but keep the tail on. Devein the shrimp using a pairing knife, if needed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup and BBQ sauce. Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon. There is no need to secure it with toothpicks, the bacon should stick to the shrimp, just make sure to lay the bacon wrapped shrimp on the prepared baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat with remaining shrimp and bacon.
- Brush each bacon wrapped shrimp generously with the maple syrup and BBQ sauce mixture.
- Bake the shrimp for 15 minutes. Then turn the broiler on and broil for 2 to 3 minutes more. You basically want to make sure the bacon is crisped up enough.
- If preferred, once the shrimp is cooked, brush with additional maple syrup and BBQ sauce mixture if you have any leftovers. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!