Last updated on May 31st, 2018 at 10:25 am
This Butter Pecan Dulce De Leche Poke Cake is out of this world. It’s light, delicious and oozing with dulce de leche goodness!
Do you crave sweets or savory snacks? I am more of a sweets person, which is why I find myself often baking and making delicious cakes or various desserts. Rain, snow, or shine, it doesn’t matter to me, I’m always up for baking a cake. Especially an easy cake like this dulce de leche poke cake.
Have you guys made a poke cake before? They’re incredible, super easy to make, yet really really good. Always a crowd pleaser. True to it’s name, a poke cake literally is a cake that you poke holes in it after you bake it. The holes are then filled with a filling or liquid to infuse extra flavor into every single bite. You can fill them with chocolate cream, pudding, pureed fruit, condensed milk or as I’ve done here, dulce de leche.
I decided to go with a butter pecan cake because it’s one of my favorites and I love anything pecan flavor. I did use a cake mix for it only to save time, but if you have a good recipe for a butter pecan cake, then by all means make your own. But the idea here was to make something that’s really quick to put together but still get the full advantage of an ultra delicious cake.
The dulce de leche is also store bought, I used a whole 15 oz jar, the more dulce de leche the better, at least in my book. And then I topped it with some cool whip, which of course can be replaced with whipped cream, and finally garnished it with lots of pecans and toffee bits.
This cake is so simple, but I shared this with some friends and everybody loved it, and couldn’t rave enough about it. It really is super light and the dulce de leche is heavenly, every single bite is perfect.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Butter Pecan Dulce de Leche Poke Cake
For Cake Mix
- 15.25 oz butter pecan cake mix (1 box), I used Betty Crocker
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and grease a 9"-x-13" pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the butter pecan cake mix according to package instructions. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Should take about 30 minutes.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the cake across the entire surface. Microwave the jar of dulce de leche for about 30 seconds, then stir it around, make sure it's pour-able. Pour the dulce de leche over the top to fill the holes.
- Spread the cool whip or whipped cream over the top of the cake and garnish with the pecans and toffee bits.
- Slice into squares and serve.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!