Last updated on November 26th, 2018 at 07:16 pm
These Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks are gluten free, low carb and so delicious! Use this crust for breadsticks or for pizza. This recipe is a winner and a keeper!
How are you all doing? Ready for a simple recipe that’s gluten free, low carb and really easy to make? I hope you are because this recipe is a winner and a keeper.
I’m really excited to tell you about this recipe. First of all, I have made cauliflower pizza crust before but at that time I felt that there were maybe just too many ingredients in the crust. However, this time I wanted a different easier version. I was craving cheesy breadsticks so this is how I ended up making this. This recipe could not get any simpler.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS
Simply add the cauliflower to your food processor and pulse it a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice. Next, microwave the cauliflower for 10 minutes. Add eggs and cheese, some spices if preferred and shape it into your crust.
That’s it! No squeezing the heck out of it to get all the water out, none of that is required and no worries, You will not end up with a soggy crust. Quite the opposite, you will have a nice firm crust. In other words, this couldn’t get any easier.
CAN YOU MAKE PIZZA CRUST WITH THIS RECIPE
I chose to make these breadsticks because I was just craving some cheesy breadsticks. However, this recipe makes 2 pizza crusts. With one I made a chicken pizza, and the rest breadsticks. The pizza was very simple, I just added some pizza sauce, cheese and some roasted chicken I had in the fridge.
I didn’t take any pictures because we were starving at the time and we ate the whole thing in a couple minutes.
I DON’T HAVE A MICROWAVE, CAN I STILL MAKE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST?
If you do not have a microwave, I’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. However, the easiest would be to steam the cauliflower and then rice it.
IS THE CAULIFLOWER SOGGY?
The cauliflower should not be soggy at all after microwaving it. However, if you find that it is soggy, place it on a few paper towels and squeeze the water out of it.
CAN YOU TASTE THE CAULIFLOWER
Personally, I find that the cauliflower doesn’t really stand out too much and the crust really does hold together. You don’t have to worry that when you pick up a breadstick or a slice of pizza that it will all fall apart.
The trick is the eggs and the cheese, that’s what’s holding it all together, so you have nothing to worry about.
LOOKING FOR MORE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Indian Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken and Roasted Chickpeas
- Cauliflower Poppers
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Let the cauliflower cool just until there's no more steam coming from it. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Separate the mixture in two and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don't be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
- If you do not have a microwave, I’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. Easiest would be to steam it and then ricing it.
- The cauliflower should not be soggy at all after microwaving it. If however, you find that it is soggy, place it on a few paper towels and squeeze the water out of it.
- Nutritional information based on 1 cup mozzarella cheese for topping. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- The crust can be frozen, already baked, and just thaw it out on the counter or microwave. Or add the cheese and place it back in the oven and bake it for a few minutes until the cheese melts and browns.
What you’ll need: