Last updated on November 23rd, 2018 at 08:24 pm
This Christmas Candy Cane Bark with it’s pretty red and green swirls and topped with crushed pistachios and cranberries is a very festive bark for the holidays.
On the 7th day of my Tasty Treats, I bring you another bark recipe. This time a candy cane bark which is totally adorable and delicious. This Christmas candy cane bark is loaded with pistachios, cranberries and candy canes.
For some reason I keep gravitating towards using pistachios this season, but you could use whatever nuts you have. Pecans would be nice, almonds would be great.
I used candy melts here, I found them at Michael’s and I love them, you can find them in all sorts of colors. They’re really easy to melt, and the great thing about them is that they harden pretty quickly, usually within a few minutes.
This is a great recipe to do with your kids because you can get really creative and have lots of fun. I’m an adult, well I’d like to think that I am, and I had tons of fun making this with my friend. We literally were like two little kids.
Don’t forget to keep checking us out during these 12 days of Tasty Treats! There are a few days left and we got some more great treats in store for you.
Here are some of the recent posts:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Christmas Candy Cane Bark
- 12 oz white candy melts
- 4 oz red candy melts
- 4 oz green candy melts
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries dried, chopped
- 1 oz candy cane pieces crushed
- Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the white candy melts, red candy melts and green candy melts in 3 different microwavable bowls. Microwave the bowl with candy melts for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir, they won't look melted, but stir anyway. Place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir again. The candy melts should begin to melt. Place back in the microwave and melt for another 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir again until smooth. Repeat if candy melts are not completely melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it evenly with a spatula over the entire baking sheet, leaving a couple inches around the edges.
- Spoon a couple tablespoon dollops each of the melted red and green chocolate candy melts, alternating colors, three across and about four rows if you can fit them in.
- Take a skewer stick and swirl the red dollops, spreading them out and do the same with the green dollops.
- Sprinkle the crushed pistachios over the top, then the chopped cranberries and top off by sprinkling the crushed candy cane pieces overtop.
- Refrigerate again until cool enough to break the bark into pieces. Should harden pretty quickly, in about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Candy melts are made of sugar, milk solids, vegetable oils, flavorings and different colors. They are great for making barks or for coating cake pops or cookies. You can find them on amazon below:
- Can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature in an airtight container for a number of weeks and makes a great holiday gift.
- Any type of nuts can be used for this recipe.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.