Last updated on May 17th, 2018 at 03:12 pm
Creamy Garlic Butter Scallops with Prosciutto – This is the best way to enjoy fresh and succulent scallops; coated in a creamy white wine sauce with prosciutto, lots of garlic and butter.
I don’t really know why but I don’t cook scallops often, this is probably the only recipe on this blog for scallops, I know I do have another recipe in my upcoming book, but that’s about it. I wish I cooked with them more often, because they are so delicious and so perfect for a special occasion. I know they can be quite expensive, so that’s why I’d suggest making them for a celebration of sorts. But I had to pair these scallops with prosciutto which lately I seem to be obsessed with. I just love crispy prosciutto, it’s so salty and delicious and it’s almost like bacon, except prosciutto is really cured ham. Whatever it is, it’s incredible and I love it.
Scallops are really great because you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make them delicious, they simply are on their own. I did want a somewhat rich sauce here, however, so I used butter and garlic, some white wine and heavy cream, turning this into a luscious rich sauce.
You can serve these over cooked rice, or how I love to eat this is with some fresh crusty bread that I can use to dip into that sauce and soak up all those incredible flavors. That’s all there is to this recipe, simple but a truly scrumptious meal.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Creamy Garlic Butter Scallops with Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz scallops about 10 large scallops
- 3 oz prosciutto roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a medium size skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the scallops to the skillet in a single layer and sear them on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until it gets slightly golden. Remove the scallops from the skillet to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the chopped prosciutto and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until nice and crispy. Add the butter and the garlic to the skillet and cook until the butter melts and the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Stir in the heavy cream, white wine and season with salt and pepper if necessary. The prosciutto could be a bit salty so there may not be a need for additional salt. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the scallops back to the skillet.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and chopped green onion and serve immediately.