This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These delicious and Easy Crab Cakes are simple to make, ready in no time, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. These succulent pan-fried crab cakes are fast, easy, loaded with flavor and won’t crumble when you fry them.
Are you guys all ready for the holidays? Have you even started Christmas shopping? I did, for one person only, but hey it’s a start! Though I will tell you one thing. I am ready to put up my Christmas tree, or two.
I have two trees and I’m tempted to put them both up. I’m a bit crazy, I know, but I love Christmas! So you know what’s great when you put up your tree, make some mulled wine, put on the Christmas music and go nuts. That’s what I’m going to do.
But today I was in the mood for some crab cakes and these crab cakes here are all about the crab. Lots and lots of crab. Such an easy recipe too, and if you’re like me and love your crab cakes, you’ll probably eat these all by yourself. But I’m not here to judge!
What Are Crab Cakes
Crab cakes are a variety of fishcakes popular in the United States. They are composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard eggs, and seasonings, particularly the cake is then sautéed, baked, grilled, deep fried, or broiled, and then served.
I love to add a little hot sauce to mine for a bit of spice in them, lots of green onions, an egg and some breadcrumbs to hold them together, some parsley and mayo. That’s pretty much it to the recipe. Easy peasy! Just be gentle with the crab as you mix it all together and form it into patties.
I chose to fry mine here, but you know what? I’ve baked these before and still just as yummy.
How to Serve Crab Cakes
I love having these for lunch with a nice side salad, or sometimes I’ll even make a sandwich with them, or crab cake sliders, which are my all time favorite. Here a few more suggestions:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies
- Baked Potatoes
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Lemon Orzo with Asparagus
Feel free to make a double batch too, just double all the ingredients and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Crab Cakes
Yes, you can! To freeze, place the uncooked cakes on a baking sheet in the freezer just until firm, about 2 hours. Wrap each cake in plastic wrap and place in a plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost the crab cakes in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
Craving More Seafood Recipes? Try These:
- Lemon Garlic Scallops
- Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Brazilian Shrimp Soup
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Easy Crab Cakes
- Add all the ingredients (except the olive oil) to a bowl and gently mix it all together.
- Form the crab mixture into patties, depending on how big you want the patties, I got 10 patties out of my mixture.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the patties in the skillet, a few at a time, I did 5 at a time, and cook until golden brown, about 5 min per side. Gently flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.