Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:17 pm
Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles – a delicious plate of sweet yet a bit spicy plate of steaming hot noodles with chicken and mushrooms, in under 30 minutes.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably seen the picture I took in front of my house with all the lovely snow. Summer isn’t even over and yet here it’s snowing. It really feels like Christmas, almost makes me get my Christmas tree from the garage and put it up. Almost!
That’s sarcasm, my web friends, because it’s just not right. It’s still summer. I guess the weather fooled us. However, it is pretty when you look out the window.
Anyway, on to today’s yummy recipe. I’m simply in love with these Udon noodles. They’re sweet and they’re spicy and they’re loaded with chicken and mushrooms. Now I know some of you peeps out there don’t love mushrooms, so replace them with broccoli and they’ll be just as yummy. In case you’ve never bought Hoisin sauce before, you can find hoisin sauce in the Asian aisle in your grocery store.
Ever since I’ve discovered these Udon Noodles, I’ve been obsessed with them. Everytime I go to the grocery store and pass by them, I have to pick some up, and love coming up with different ideas to serve them. Well to serve them to myself, since hubs isn’t a fan of noodles, but more for me. The leftovers make a yummy lunch the next day, so it’s all good.
This recipe is so simple and I just love this dish. In 20 or 25 minutes you can have lunch or dinner on the table, and you’ll be enjoying a delicious plate of sweet yet a bit spicy steaming hot noodles. You can’t go wrong!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles
- 16 oz fresh udon noodles (2 8 oz pkg)
- 3/4 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into small
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Blanch udon noodles in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes or if using dry noodles cook according to package instructions. Drain well and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame seed oil in a large skillet or a pot and add chicken pieces and cook until chicken is no longer pink and starts to brown slightly. Add ginger, garlic and mushrooms and cook for a couple more minutes until mushroom are starting to brown.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha and chicken broth, stir and bring to a boil. Add noodles to the pot and cook until noodles are heated through. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
If you like Udon noodle recipes try these: