Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken – a simple recipe for chicken baked to perfection with a honey, mustard and soy sauce glaze.
I was going to post my Guinness brownies recipe today but at the last minute I decided to share this easy chicken drumstick recipe with you because it’s the bomb. I promise, next post will be brownies.
I’m sure everyone must have their favorite chicken recipe, and over the years I’ve shared many favorites of mine here, but this honey mustard glazed chicken has got to be somewhere at the very top.
Aside from the simplicity and the availability of the ingredients, this chicken is sweet, it’s spicy, it’s sticky, and it’s sinfully delicious. That sauce caramelizes as the chicken bakes turning into this most amazing and flavorful glaze ever. I’m telling you this chicken is finger licking good and you will be licking your fingers as you eat this.
The great thing about this chicken recipe is that it can easily be made in a slow cooker, giving you the same delicious chicken. I used chicken drumsticks but you can use anything you like here, chicken thighs or breasts, whatever you prefer. Even chicken wings would be awesome, but make sure you make at least a couple pounds of them, they might go too fast.
This chicken goes great served over some rice or with a side of veggies.
Did you love this recipe? Try these!
- Baked Garlic and Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
- Garlic and Paprika Chicken
- One Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 6 large chicken drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, chili flakes, honey, mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper until it emulsifies, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place chicken drumsticks in a baking dish, one that's about 9x13 inch. Pour sauce over chicken drumsticks and make sure they are all nicely coated in the sauce.
- Bake for about an hour or until chicken is cooked through.